You are here
Sophisticated, Comprehensive Monitoring & Analytic Solutions for the Solar Industry
Locus Energy is a solar monitoring and data analytics platform provider for the solar photovoltaic (PV) market spanning the residential, commercial, and utility sectors, across the globe. With over 151,000 systems deployed, over 80 billion data points collected, and more than 5.0 GW of total capacity globally (4.8 GW of capacity in the U.S.), Locus Energy monitors approximately 13.5% of installed U.S. solar capacity. Locus Energy’s cloud-based software aggregates, organizes, and analyzes performance data from multiple sources, making it easier to access, manage, and identify the causes of a solar system’s failure to meet performance expectations. With a deep intellectual property portfolio, Locus Energy provides many of the largest utilities, capital providers, equipment manufacturers, and asset managers with sophisticated software to track performance across large portfolios of solar installations. Locus Energy’s corporate headquarters are in Hoboken, NJ, and its technology headquarters are in San Francisco, CA. Locus Energy is an affiliate of Genscape, the premier global commodity and energy information Services Company.
You are here
Get Insight into Distributed PV Assets
Monitoring systems can tell you that a system isn’t meeting performance expectations, but they can’t tell you why. Until now. Locus Energy’s PVIQ Suite™ of Performance Analytics is a powerful set of analytic and diagnostic tools allowing fleet operators to assess performance at both the system and fleet level and then drill down into the specific causes for a system’s deviation from expectations.
- Highly accurate and granular satellite-derived irradiance data with coverage across the continental U.S.
- Advanced algorithms automate the identification of the root causes of system under performance
- Spreadsheet plug-in connected directly to the Locus Energy database
You are here
The Most Sophisticated Asset Management & Portfolio Performance Tracking Tools
As the rate of solar adoption grows, operators of PV fleets are looking for more sophisticated tools to manage assets and track performance of portfolios. Locus Energy’s SolarNOC™ is a cloud-based enterprise asset management platform for fleets of residential, commercial and utility-scale solar PV systems. SolarNOC allows fleet managers to aggregate performance data from many sources, apply advanced analytics and streamline operations and maintenance activities.
- Data aggregation from multiple hardware stacks, third party data feeds/APIs and legacy monitoring providers
- Powerful filtering interface to granularly track asset data and create role-based dashboards with a variety of KPIs/diagnostics
- Integration with key third party enterprise applications for improved workflows
You are here
Combine Hardware & Software Solutions to Get Powerful Operational System Performance Transparency
Locus Energy’s Data Acquisition System (DAS) solutions combine plug-and-play data acquisition hardware with industry-leading cloud-based software, the SolarNOC™ solar monitoring platform. Locus Energy offers DAS solutions for the residential, commercial and utility-scale PV markets, providing operational transparency on system performance through an intuitive and powerful user interface.
For Residential & Light Commercial customers:
- Low-cost digital socket meters with integrated cellular uplink to significantly reduce networking and commissioning complexity
- Advanced firmware with compression algorithms to minimize cell data costs
- RS-485 inputs for direct communication with inverters and other devices
For Large Commercial & Utility-Scale PV monitoring customers:
- Plug-and-play connectivity with a wide variety of inverters, meters, weather stations and other third-party equipment
- Flexible networking options to reduce conduit runs and minimize hardware costs
- Options for integration with leading SCADA equipment for command and control applications